Hi, I’m Jo Solomon and I can help you Find Happiness and a better experience of life from wherever you are today.
I’m a Soul Focused Psychotherapist trained in Meditation & Mindfulness, Hatha Yoga and Therapeutic Massage.
This combines with a devoted pathway towards Self Awareness that has helped me to grow through the experiences life has given me. I’ve travelled through a lot personally, including rape as a teenager, chronic depression, anxiety and trauma. I’ve reached the depths of despair and suicidal tendencies. I’ve experienced and managed Chronic Adrenal Fatigue and an Auto Immune Disease. And I’ve found my way through all of this to increasing experiences of Joy and Peace. All of this whilst parenting a crew of four kids including teens and 4yo twins. I haven’t always done it perfectly but I am perfecting how to do it with higher consciousness. As such, I give you a unique and wholistic support to approaching your personal growth, recovery and return to wellbeing. This is given from integrity with vibrancy, compassion and authenticity.
Is to find the highest level of Consciousness and wellbeing that I can for myself. And through this experience guide you to do the same for yourself.
For over ten years I’ve helped many people do this and I’d love the opportunity to help you.
I can help you to:
- Release trauma stored in your body and mind.
- Love yourself! Or at least move towards liking yourself more completely.
- Breakthrough and change behaviours and that no longer work for you (eg: depression, anxiety, stress, smoking, over eating, addictions and other compulsions)
- Change stories in your head that hold you back (eg: negativity, fear, judgement, self sabotage etc)
- Build resilience and increase your self awareness.
- Connect more deeply in your personal and work relationships.
- Help you move forward in life.
- Find clarity and achieve your goals.
- Reprogram your body and mind.
- Become more aware of your Lower Self.
- Find a diet regime that is right for you.
- Understand that you are a complex being with many layers.
- Connect more deeply with your Higher Self and deepen your Spirituality.
- And refer you to other practitioners as needed for your wellness.
How do I help you?
My approach is unique in that I offer a blend of therapies that cover healing for all of you —Body, Mind and Soul. I offer:
- Therapeutic Massage & Reiki
- Yoga & Relaxation
- Soul Focused Psychotherapy
- Meditation & Mindfulness
This is delivered in 1:1 private sessions, at small group classes, at workshops, as well as in single and multi day retreats. I also run an online support group (search Finding Happiness Support Group on Facebook) and offer support packages to those who attend my workshops and retreats. I offer lots of free useful information via my Facebook page.
I have searched for years for a deeper experience and understanding of life. This ache continues to guide me on a continuous evolution into increasing self-awareness. At the same time this has given rise to daily practices in meditation, qigong and yoga.
I’m so passionate about sharing the changes that can be experienced from such a journey that I’ve undertaken various study to bring this to you.
I’ve done some study…
- Bachelor of Commerce (Marketing) Deakin University
- Applied Science (Equine Management) Melbourne University
- Psychology (Deakin University)
- Social Work (Deakin University)
- NLP – Neuro Linguistic Programming
- Reiki & Seichim
- Diploma of Mindfulness and Meditation
- Diploma of Hatha Yoga
- Soul Focused Psychotherapy (current study)
- NCAS Level One Equine Coach (current study)
- Yin Yoga (current study)
But Life Experience has taught me more…
Academic study and training on its own doesn’t make me a great or even a good therapist or life coach.
I believe it’s experience that really matters.
My amazing life (though there have been many times it hasn’t felt amazing at all!) has allowed me to combine various knowledge pathways with extensive life experiences from
- healing from rape trauma
- years of travel
- various work situations in many occupations
- changing relationships (oh boy!)
- marriage breakdown
- motherhood (four children: two teenagers and 4yo twins)
- chronic illness and fatigue and a
- devoted spiritual path
It hasn’t always been easy…
It may help you to know that I’ve travelled through the depths of suicidal depression, severe anxiety and chronic illness (auto immune diseases and adrenal fatigue). Because of this intense journey I can bring to you deep authenticity and integrity to my work, helping you and others to live with and overcome your own stress, anxiety and depression.
I’m not perfect nor have I perfected life. I don’t have all the answers and I still have a lot to learn. But I am happy to share what I have learned along the way to Self Mastery.
I’ve run regular Mindfulness and Meditation classes and workshops for over eight years. In 2015 I began to teach Hatha Yoga at Community Centres and a studio in Torquay.
Please keep in touch…
Save time and book online. Follow this link directly to my calendar.
You can keep in touch with me and all that I offer on Facebook and Instagram. And don’t forget to check back here regularly as this site is frequently updated. And please feel really welcome to contact me here or call me personally to talk about your needs.